About the proposals:
- A new 90-bedroom hotel, one restaurant, three retail/restaurant units and a gym/business unit
- Vehicle access for customers and staff and servicing will be from Mostyn Broadway and will exit using Conway Road
- The proposal represents a £12 million investment for Llandudno and collectively the scheme is expected to deliver approximately 110 full-time equivalent roles
- The scheme will provide 3 accessible spaces and 6 non-operational spaces
- Create 22 cycle parking spaces helping to promote green methods of travel
- The recreation of the former listed façade
Detailed information can be found in the draft planning documents which are available to view or download on our Documents and Downloads page.
Highways, access, and parking
Vehicle access for customers and staff will be from Mostyn Broadway and will exit using Conway Road. The existing drop off area at the front of the hotel will be retained. Servicing access will also access from Mostyn Broadway and exit via Conway Road.
The site is located in a sustainable town centre location with a wide range of public transport services. The scheme will provide 3 accessible spaces and 6 non-operational parking spaces.
In terms of cycle parking, 22 spaces are proposed in accordance with parking standards.
Further supporting detailed information and consultant reports regarding the traffic, access, and parking arrangements are included in the documentation available to view and download here.
A contemporary design
The design of the development is determined by the recreation of the listed façade. New additions to the rear and side are sensitively designed to complement the principle building and be subservient in scale and massing.
Unfortunately, the original grade two-listed façade had to be demolished as the building was structurally unsound. Our 2018 application sought to rebuild the former façade like-for-like using original materials.
Construction is nearing completion.